• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

California Birthright

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mamamagic

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
I was the petioner in my divorce origionally filed in Feb 1997; final decloration following Dec 2005. And it was a very long eight years, with alot of mistakes and circumstances. After outrunning me and starving me out I was and had been very much in DURESS. I was charged with felony spoucal abuse i believe in 1997 - 1998 which was dropped to a misdamenor. Along with other numerious misdamenors following since. I was married in June 1982 until filing in Feb. 1997 irreconcillable differences. In the year 2000 I quick claimed my name off the house in San Lorenzo CA for only $20,000.00 dollars and settled in 2005 through his attorney Steve Pullido for $95,000.00 quadro; which was only one of his pensions. We have two sons born in 1985 and 1988. Who are now nearly 24yrs old and 21 yrs old. We moved in with my Father in Law in 1983 who was disabled from alcoholism leading to stroke. I was the one who was the primary care provider for him for 9 years of the first 10 we were married. We were both added on the deed to his fathers house as joint tennants my Father in Law, my then Husband, and myself then Wife. My Father in Law also had a living will where he indicated upon his death the house was to go to my Husband, upon my Husbands death to me the Wife, and upon my death to our two Sons the Grandsons of the Father in Law. Upon finalizing the divorce in 2005 I had not been able to hold down a job due to personnal problems of disorders, that had not really been addressed due to financial status of poverty. It was verbally agreed between my xhusband and I, that the difference or remaining half of my entitlements were to go to our Boys. So they would never have to go without and have everything that they needed. We did not want to sell the house so they could stay at the same school, and keep their friends etc... Since 2005 my xhusbands new girlfriend has moved into the house. He no longer is of much financial support to our Sons or maintained a relationship with them. It was a custody power trip with me out of the house during our seperation. At the time I only knew that I was devestated and tried to live day to day the best I could; it wasnt very easy. I was required at one point to be evaluated by a psychiatrist and was diagnosed with a secondary anxiety disorder. Now my 24yr old son is being diagnosed as being bi-polar. They are estranged from their Dad the younger son is not even allowed in the house that he grew up in, the eldest being pushed to move out sooner than he is ready. I would like to know if I can modify or request my half of his pensions and my half of the equity in the house; even though there has been a final declaration. There is also descrepencies in the final declaration I recently found out about where he lied on his taxes and said he paid me my allimony for atleast 2004 if not all along. Unfortunately I no longer have copies of these taxes but a court suponia could accquire them from the IRS iIm sure. I would like the remainder of my part to help my Sons get a good footing on their future adulthood. I feel they are entitled to it as our Sons. Where as the new girlfriend has no kids, is estranging them from their Dad, and thinks she can buy her possition as the matryarch of the senerio. She had her own condo, I do not feel it is her right to buy into and claim was is rightfully part of my sons from their Grandfather. Who was very generious to my Husband in lew of his family and me taking care of him. He acts like he did everything by himself for himself with his self justifiny arrogant attitude. Is there any recource, I hope my Sons have hopes for a better future.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
I was the petioner in my divorce origionally filed in Feb 1997; final decloration following Dec 2005. And it was a very long eight years, with alot of mistakes and circumstances. After outrunning me and starving me out I was and had been very much in DURESS. I was charged with felony spoucal abuse i believe in 1997 - 1998 which was dropped to a misdamenor. Along with other numerious misdamenors following since. I was married in June 1982 until filing in Feb. 1997 irreconcillable differences. In the year 2000 I quick claimed my name off the house in San Lorenzo CA for only $20,000.00 dollars and settled in 2005 through his attorney Steve Pullido for $95,000.00 quadro; which was only one of his pensions. We have two sons born in 1985 and 1988. Who are now nearly 24yrs old and 21 yrs old. We moved in with my Father in Law in 1983 who was disabled from alcoholism leading to stroke. I was the one who was the primary care provider for him for 9 years of the first 10 we were married. We were both added on the deed to his fathers house as joint tennants my Father in Law, my then Husband, and myself then Wife. My Father in Law also had a living will where he indicated upon his death the house was to go to my Husband, upon my Husbands death to me the Wife, and upon my death to our two Sons the Grandsons of the Father in Law. Upon finalizing the divorce in 2005 I had not been able to hold down a job due to personnal problems of disorders, that had not really been addressed due to financial status of poverty. It was verbally agreed between my xhusband and I, that the difference or remaining half of my entitlements were to go to our Boys. So they would never have to go without and have everything that they needed. We did not want to sell the house so they could stay at the same school, and keep their friends etc... Since 2005 my xhusbands new girlfriend has moved into the house. He no longer is of much financial support to our Sons or maintained a relationship with them. It was a custody power trip with me out of the house during our seperation. At the time I only knew that I was devestated and tried to live day to day the best I could; it wasnt very easy. I was required at one point to be evaluated by a psychiatrist and was diagnosed with a secondary anxiety disorder. Now my 24yr old son is being diagnosed as being bi-polar. They are estranged from their Dad the younger son is not even allowed in the house that he grew up in, the eldest being pushed to move out sooner than he is ready. I would like to know if I can modify or request my half of his pensions and my half of the equity in the house; even though there has been a final declaration. There is also descrepencies in the final declaration I recently found out about where he lied on his taxes and said he paid me my allimony for atleast 2004 if not all along. Unfortunately I no longer have copies of these taxes but a court suponia could accquire them from the IRS iIm sure. I would like the remainder of my part to help my Sons get a good footing on their future adulthood. I feel they are entitled to it as our Sons. Where as the new girlfriend has no kids, is estranging them from their Dad, and thinks she can buy her possition as the matryarch of the senerio. She had her own condo, I do not feel it is her right to buy into and claim was is rightfully part of my sons from their Grandfather. Who was very generious to my Husband in lew of his family and me taking care of him. He acts like he did everything by himself for himself with his self justifiny arrogant attitude. Is there any recource, I hope my Sons have hopes for a better future.

Thanks for sharing...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">