• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can an attorney sign off on anything.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
Hello,

Can my attorney sign off on anything such as a child support judgement against me without my knowledge and/or OK?

Proserpina

If there's a judgment against you, there's nothing to sign off on, surely?

An agreement on your behalf would be one thing - but a judgment?

Or am I misunderstanding your question?

If there's a judgment against you, there's nothing to sign off on, surely?

An agreement on your behalf would be one thing - but a judgment?

Or am I misunderstanding your question?
The paperwork I have in front of me says stipulation for judgement, The area that states THE PARTIES AGREE THAT, The box that has the answer We agree to guideline support is checked. My ex and her attorney signed it, An attorney from the law office I hired signed it, not the attorney that was actually working on my case. I didnt know about this (agree/judgement) til I received a monthly statement from CSS. I asked my attorney who was working on my case how this could be, he didnt know and I am still waiting for an answer. I no longer have the attorney represent me, and have to deal with this on my own.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">