• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I contact HIS attorney??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BethIam

What is the name of your state? VA

Not sure where this question should be asked, or exactly how to ask it but the situation is this....

My x and I are currently in the process of getting a detailed visitation order through the courts. His attorney sends a proposal to my attorney, we make adjustments, send back to them and so on. Problem is, these attorneys seem to have a huge communication problem between themselves. Because of this, a few weeks ago, I actually thought my child was "missing" when in fact, her father had picked her up from school. I had no idea this was going to take place, and my x had no idea that I hadn't agreed to it.

I have used all of my retainer and have achieved basically nothing. It is once again time for visitation this weekend and I do not know what to expect. My x won't speak with me because he is controlled by his new wife who will not allow it. I AM BEING SERIOUS.

Can I simply call his attorney, or email him? I'm not sure if this is allowed or not. I believe that if I did, we would come to an agreement and finalize this mess. I do not feel that he has been able to properly advise his client due to the fact that he is being lied to. He simply does not have an accurate view of our situation.

I just want this to be over, and I would like to accomplish this without going bankrupt. Please advise me. If this is something considered "unethical" or whatever, of course, I won't attempt it.

BethIam said:
I do not feel that he has been able to properly advise his client due to the fact that he is being lied to. He simply does not have an accurate view of our situation.
That made my morning! You can call his Atty all you like but you should either get his receptionist or have him tell you that he will not discuss this with you as your X is his client not you.

What a hell of a future for a child/ren who are thrown into a situation that their parents can not speak with each other civally enough to know who picks the child up! What a tragedy for the child.

BethIam

No Kidding

Yes, and please tell me FREESPEECH, what I stated that gave you the impression that I do not have the EXACT views on this topic as YOU do??
Of course it would be better if we could communicate! The problem is NOT with me. I try to contact him, on his terms, no matter how rediculous they are, OR the petty reasons behind them. BUT...The problem with that is, his wife can't keep her comments to herself and takes the phone from him.

Just last night for example, I was trying to explain to him, her school project that she has due on the Monday he will be taking her to school. Wife breaks in(because she is already listening) and tells me that my 8 year old daughter can explain this to her father. It is a difficult project that we've been working on for the last 2 weeks now and my daughter is worried that her dad isn't going to help her finish it. SHE ASKED ME if I would talk to him about it and I attempted to do so because I could see that she was "stressing" over it.

Obviously FREESPEECH, you are correct! It is EXTREMELY sad that a child is in this mess. However, this child has a MOTHER who is and has been bending over backwards, playing every childish game that is thrown her way, just to make things BETTER FOR THE CHILD.

I did not ask for this situation. I obviously see it as a problem or I would not be posting, asking for advice.

It would have been nice if you could have answered my question without sarcasm, or judgemental remarks. Perhaps you are not capable of that, I don't know.

As far as me MAKING YOUR DAY....It's been a pleasure. ;)

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">