• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ldvs

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? District of Columbia

Seeking representation in legal malpractice matter. Hired an attorney for representation in a bar counsel matter. Forced to fire the attorney after a meeting with bar counsel where he received a verbal reprimand from bar counsel prosecutor for failure to prepare stipulations for the meeting as agreed to earlier. Also attorney made a gross error in judgment by advising me to hide my well document disability, which based on the correct case law for the issue, is the only defense available to me to avoid disbarment. In addition, I was charged with an additonal count of being nonresponsive to bar counsel for his failure to respond to a request for information that I provided to him expressly for the bar counsel request. Bar counsel is now opening its own investigation on him now based on his actions and inactions in this matter and I am the leading witness. Can I sue for malpractice?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">