• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I Sue Home Depot Or CITI Card?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brinda

What is the name of your state (only U.SYour Open QuestionShow me another »
Can I Sue for Home Depot & CITI card for allowing a customer to transfer his Home Depot purchase to my credit?
Home Depot knowly and willfully let a consumer apply $9761.64 back in Oct. 2005. The consumer had it on his credit card for 6 months before having Home Depot apply it to my card. My credit card is on file and we work with Home Depot all the time and they know me (this is a personal credit card not a business). It showed up on my credit card as a misapplied sales in Nov. 2005 so I figured is was my husband building he put on in Oct. 2005. We paid payments any where from 570.00 to over 1000.00 a month till Dec. of 2006. We diputed it called Home Depot and Citi card explaining what happen and no one would help us. In Dec. 2006 I came across some paper work belonging to the consumer we had build a cabin for and saw the receipt attached and the amount of 9761.64 and the ending 4 digit of his credit card. Can I sue the consumer who did this to my card to? I know they said you only have 60 days to dispute a puchase but the consumer who applied this had 6 months and Home Depot allowed him to. Can I sue Home Depot for them putting on my credit card? Can I sue CITI card for ruining my credit score because of something Home Depot allowed a customer to do delibertly.
1 day ago - 2 days left to answer.
Additional Details
1 day ago

Home Depot would not tell me where the charges came from untill I came across the paper work from this customers file showing me his purchase and the purchase amount. When I final figure out who's bill it was I contacted Home Depot and CITI Card and told them the name of the person and neither did anything about it, I quit paying my bill and now they show it as a charge off on my credit report.
1 day ago

There is alot more to this story then I can every go into. I would like to know what right does Home Depot have to do such a transaction? This was not a mistake. Home Depot corp. contacted me stating that they had a letter they had sent to me which I don't recall seeing and I had asked them to fax it to me, never did.
1 day ago

Just to let you know the gentleman that had this transfer to my account also did this to my Visa card to a few months before this happen - but this one I nab right away.
. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">