• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can I sue my criminal attorney, or file a ins claim to get back the money I paid him?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Melinda38

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington
he took my case, told me he wasn't to busy to handle it and not to worry. I only asked him if he had a lot of clints right, because my first choice couldn't take it because he said he would need three more people besides himself because of all the evidence and interviews. the 2 attorneys I talked to were some of seattle's to criminal lawyers. first time i have ever been in trouble, so not knowing the system and nothing but other law firms saying I couldnt be in better hands trusted him. i keep calling him and asking whats going on with all the stuff that was impounded, new car $50,000 ---cash $130,000.00 , Harley $22,000--- and my wife's wedding ring $12,000.00 and more. My attorney keeps telling me that he is trying to keep me out of prison and will worry about my stuff later. Because it will piss them off if he keeps calling and asking about it. plus since i told my attorney I was Guilty he said i didn't really deserve it... yes he really said that. then 8 months later i get a letter telling me that they will be intering a judgment against me for all my stuff because no one has show up to none of my civil cases. So I was going to lose everything and nothing has happend with my criminal case yet.

You Are Guilty

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington
he took my case, told me he wasn't to busy to handle it and not to worry. I only asked him if he had a lot of clints right, because my first choice couldn't take it because he said he would need three more people besides himself because of all the evidence and interviews. the 2 attorneys I talked to were some of seattle's to criminal lawyers. first time i have ever been in trouble, so not knowing the system and nothing but other law firms saying I couldnt be in better hands trusted him. i keep calling him and asking whats going on with all the stuff that was impounded, new car $50,000 ---cash $130,000.00 , Harley $22,000--- and my wife's wedding ring $12,000.00 and more. My attorney keeps telling me that he is trying to keep me out of prison and will worry about my stuff later. Because it will piss them off if he keeps calling and asking about it. plus since i told my attorney I was Guilty he said i didn't really deserve it... yes he really said that. then 8 months later i get a letter telling me that they will be intering a judgment against me for all my stuff because no one has show up to none of my civil cases. So I was going to lose everything and nothing has happend with my criminal case yet.
Wait - you want to sue your criminal attorney for not showing up to your civil court appearances? Did you hire the criminal attorney to cover both the criminal and civil charges? (Is that in your written retainer agreement?)

KakitaOCU

Um.. You admitted you were guilty, and based on what you wrote your guilt involves at least part of how you obtained all this cash and merchandise...

Your attorney is focusing on keeping you out of jail, like he said, if you're legitimately guilty and those funds and items are ill-gotten, you're not keeping them.

Your lawyer is doing his job. Good luck trying to sue for that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">