• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can you help with this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

russellmcclain

What is the name of your state?Indiana
I recently (2003) filed bankruptcy, the law firm that represented me ran me thur the system as fast as possible, (i.e. I sign the paperwork before it was even filled out, they subcontracted another lawyer to show up in court with me that didn't have a clue about my case) and didnot explain that most of what I was filing on could not be discharged. Now I am being asked to pay those debts (after all this time). I informed the court judge that I was not sure of what they had put on the paperwork but assumed that it was correct. I recieved a full discharge of debts. I feel that the firm misrepresent the whole thing just to handle as many customers as possible and didnot give me the proper advise before I paid the last of my money to get out of debt and start over. There are more particulars to this, but thats the jist of it for now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">