• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Case Worker Calling Relatives?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dslinfreak

Iowa

Good day everyone. Quick question with a little bit of background. First off, I'm not sure if this is the correct area of the forum to post, hopefully, if it's not it could be transferred to the correct area. On to the background. I received a call from my brother who was a little bit distraught. Apparently he had received a call from a case worker who claimed to be working on a case that was due to be filed either today or tomorrow against my parents. No specifics were given, but they had said that he had already been cleared of any wrong doing. The lady that left the message on his phone also let him know to pass the message on to my parents and to let them know that their case number is their state issued ID numbers. Obviously, I'm sure, this is a phishing scam, but I really want to pin these people down so that I can help stop these people.

The long and short of the post is just this, is it legal to call a relative about a court case before it's even filed?

Silverplum

Iowa

Good day everyone. Quick question with a little bit of background. First off, I'm not sure if this is the correct area of the forum to post, hopefully, if it's not it could be transferred to the correct area. On to the background. I received a call from my brother who was a little bit distraught. Apparently he had received a call from a case worker who claimed to be working on a case that was due to be filed either today or tomorrow against my parents. No specifics were given, but they had said that he had already been cleared of any wrong doing. The lady that left the message on his phone also let him know to pass the message on to my parents and to let them know that their case number is their state issued ID numbers. Obviously, I'm sure, this is a phishing scam, but I really want to pin these people down so that I can help stop these people.

The long and short of the post is just this, is it legal to call a relative about a court case before it's even filed?
None of that makes any sense.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">