• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Causing a headache?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justthere

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma

Sorry I completely misstated the question. I completely misunderstood legal advice, and the trial procedure.

Last edited:

justthere

haha ok i misworded that. I'm saying is, pre-arraignment who do I talk to about dropping charges. Because my legal advice was to speak with someone b/c they likely won't want to waste time or money pursuing this small charge etc.

justthere

Haha, ok after reading a lot. I guess I should've said.

What's your recommendations on talking with a city attorney to see if he will agree to drop charges. Every legal advice i've gotten has said to talk to him about it.

Hot Topic

Have your attorney warn the court that you intend to fight the charge, which you appear to be allergic to naming, even though it's "relatively minor." Then stand back while everyone laughs their heads off over your transparent effort to get out of trouble because you think you're smarter than everyone else.

justthere

guys sorry, understand that i've had a serious misunderstand of the law. It was a municipal court ticket, I am innocent, and broke, but I feared a great deal of damage could be done to me from this charge, and told the speak to a city attorney because they may not want to waste the time and money of the city to prosecute the crime. In the end fighting it is more expensive than just paying the ticket. Again, this is just from the last week and being super scared.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">