• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charging a premium to Federal employees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tomfernandez1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington.

Hello,

I am employed by a public transportation provider, primarily funded through local sales tax and partly funded through Federal dollars.

My question is: Can public transit authorites charge a federal employee a premium service rate? My agency is considering charging federal employees more than contractors for our services.

If this isn't the correct forum, my apologies. Please direct me otherwise..

Thanks for your assistance!

Tommy

Mass_Shyster

Simple answer, yes. Federal employees, despite what they think, are not a protected class.
It may not be that simple. If they are accepting federal funding, there are strings attached. OP needs to find out what they are.

Also, if these services are billed to the Federal Government, there is probably a contract in place.

I know of a case where a manufacturer was selling to the government under a GSA contract. One of the conditions of the contract was that the government was to pay the lowest price that the item was sold for.

Manufacturer unloaded some damaged goods, and the government found out about it. The company claimed they were not the same items as these were damaged goods. While they were still going back and forth, the accounting department got a call from the bank stating that the United States Government had withdrawn $50,000 from their account. That was another contract provision.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">