• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Communications between myself and a lawyer - Privacy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

afschmitt

What is the name of your state? Michigan.

I am beginning a case against and individual for fraud. The individual's brother is his attorney at this point and I am representing myself. During the past year, my lawyer and his brother/lawyer spoke because of his involvement in a divorce case.I emailed the plaintiff's lawyer/brother about a possible settlement. In the email I informed him twice that the lawyer who represented me in the divorce is not representing me in this case.

He replied and included my former divorce attorney even though this is a sperate matter all together.

Is this illegall or something. I mean I am representing myself and he is representing his client. Isn't it illegal for him to just start send copies of my emails to parties who are no longer involved?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">