• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

complete honesty with your lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Buffie

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? TX

If you are arrested should you tell your lawyer the whole story if you said some untruths on the police report? If you lie on your signed statement is that a crime? Someone I know wants to tell the same story to the lawyer but I think he needs to tell all the correct facts. He thinks the attorney would not let him plead not guilty or would not take the case if he tells the whole story. I keep telling him the lawyer is the expert and will know how to handle his case. Thank you.

stephenk

there is nothing an attorney likes more is to find out his client lied to him when the prosecuting attorney shows all the evidence that the client lied. It's even more fun when your client is on the witness stand and they are confronted with their lies.

tell your friend to be up front with his attorney. his attorney can't work his best if the story he is getting from him is not the truth.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">