• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Conflict of interest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rows

My landlord is one of our towns prosecuting attorneys. I had gotten in trouble for domestic violence and another prosecutor is on my case. I had a temp protection order and my girlfriend wrote the judge and asked to cancel it in which he did. When I came home my girlfriend had told me that our landlord has been texting her telling her what to do. Not to cancel the tpo for one and when she told him she did he got upset. She told me also he has been talking to the judge and the prosecutor about me. My question is. Is he allowed to influence my girlfriend the judge and prosecutor almost trying to get me in more trouble? I figured he doesn't like me but him trying to tell my gf what to do. Can he do that? Hope someone knows

tranquility

While there could be a problem for him for violating some rule by the city to keep things confidential, that does not seem what he is doing. He is using his training and experience to guide people he comes in contact with. That he knows you is not a conflict, nor is it illegal. Unless he is lying or disclosing private information he came into contact with through his job, you have no legal complaint.

ecmst12

And he gave her good advice. She should not cancel the order nor allow you anywhere near her ever again, and you SHOULD get in trouble for what you did.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">