• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contempt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stilen621

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon.
My brother took me to court to try and have me removed as POA for my mom and was denied. As a result we agreed to a "Judicialy supervised settlement agreement" One of the items specified that my mom who has dementia/Alzheimers wanted free access to all family members without any interference. To comply with this item I had to get a phone installed in my house to accomodate this. My brother has since taken my mom and wont tell me where she is( whole different mess). My brothers lawyer sent me a letter saying that if I wanted to talk to her I could send her letters to my brothers house ( which he would never give her ) or I had to go thru his office, This lawyer knows this is in the agreement yet wont allow me to talk directly to my mom. In her condition I`m not sure if she even knows if I exist anymore. I guess my question is. Wouldn`t this be considered contempt on this lawyers part by not allowing me to talk to my mom by interferring in this knowing full well he should be, could be, but wont let me talk to her ? Thanks. :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">