• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Copyright notice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

diganta

I have got an email subject to copyright notice from CEG Tek international.

I called them from my mobile. They gave me two notices for two cases. I told them that I was unaware about this issue.When I requested them then they deleted one case. They told me that I have to pay for the settlement of the remain one case. I want to get rid of this case. The deadline of copyright settlement is November 04, 2015. What should I do now to solve this issue?

quincy

I have got an email subject to copyright notice from CEG Tek international.

I called them from my mobile. They gave me two notices for two cases. I told them that I was unaware about this issue.When I requested them then they deleted one case. They told me that I have to pay for the settlement of the remain one case. I want to get rid of this case. The deadline of copyright settlement is November 04, 2015. What should I do now to solve this issue?
Although I can understand you placing your question in the "Legal Ethics & Lawyer Malpractice" section of the forum if you have run across all of the "Die Troll Die" sites on the internet, your question is not really a legal ethics or lawyer malpractice question. It is a copyright infringement question.

Are you located in the US, diganta? CEG TEK has been concentrating their collection efforts, through the sending of legal notices and the filing of infringement actions, in Canada in recent months.

Essentially what has happened is that you received notices of copyright infringement because CEG TEK International believes you have infringed on copyrighted material belonging to their client or clients - with the infringement probably supported by evidence of illegal downloads tracked to you through your IP address.

Although CEG TEK apparently believes you infringed on a copyrighted work (or two), whether you did or not, and how best to handle the settlement notice you received, are questions best left for an IP attorney in your area to address. I recommend you do not contact CEG TEK directly, or send any money that has been demanded by CEG TEK, until you have an attorney review the notices you have received and the facts behind your receipt of the notices. This company has had some of their collection practices questioned in the US in the past.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">