• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Could Someone Help Me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smcgarry

What is the name of your state?Texas
I am adopting a child. Everything is done, including the home study and background checks and they have all been sent to the court and my attny. as of 3/30/05.
All that has to be done now is for us to go to court with our attny. to have judge sign and make legal, we don't even have to schedule a date.
I paid the attny her fees up front, so money is not the hold up, but what I don't understand is that she hasn't called me to go in to court. I have called her, emailed her and even sent her a letter and cc'd the judge. All corrispondance has been very nice and polite and not rude.
Does anyone have any recommendations as to what I should do now? She still won't return my calls or take the initiative to call me, and I want this adoption done and overwith.
Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

S

seniorjudge

smcgarry said:
I am adopting a child. Everything is done, including the home study and background checks and they have all been sent to the court and my attny. as of 3/30/05.
All that has to be done now is for us to go to court with our attny. to have judge sign and make legal, we don't even have to schedule a date.
I paid the attny her fees up front, so money is not the hold up, but what I don't understand is that she hasn't called me to go in to court. I have called her, emailed her and even sent her a letter and cc'd the judge. All corrispondance has been very nice and polite and not rude.
Does anyone have any recommendations as to what I should do now? She still won't return my calls or take the initiative to call me, and I want this adoption done and overwith.

Thank you.

Q: Does anyone have any recommendations as to what I should do now?

A: Camp out in your lawyer's office (make sure your campfire is completely extinguished before retiring for the night) until you get answers to your questions.

IRISH GIRL

smcgarry said:

Thank you.
The Very First thing I would do is call the Bar Council/Association what ever they call it in your state and file a complaint, Trust me they have a contact for this attorney even when you do NOT! They always have to keep contact information on file in order to keep their license in tact, please do it you will get results.

Good Luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">