• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court Summons for Communication Harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

poetdante

Kentucky

I'm being charged with KRS 525.080.

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/KRS/525-00/080.PDF

See everything in this Class B Misdemeanor. Key words I found interesting were that communications have to "serve no purpose of legitimate conversation". Does trying to get my property which the defendant states they possessed and admitted to saying they would return count as illegitimate conversation?

The main thing is I caught me ex-fiance cheating on me in early January. I broke off the engagement and kicked her out of my apartment. I have returned all of her things and have witnesses to it. She still had my camera and I have been attempting to get it back. In January and February she was texting and calling me at times as late as 2:00 A.M even though I told her not to call unless it was an emergency. I recently tried to get the last piece of my property back, my camera which has only sentimental value.

She requested that I stop contacting her recently, March 22. I told her I would when I got my property back. She said she would get an EPO out but since I made no threats I told her to just mail my camera and be done with it. She agreed and after giving her my info I figured she mailed it. Every few days I'd send one text message asking the status, if she sent it or not. A week after she was supposed to send it, yesterday, I called and left a voice mail stating I would be seeing her in small claims court.

She calls back saying to meet her so she can give me my camera back and she, her room mate, new boyfriend, and some other friend show up saying the police are on the way to give me my court summons. Eventually I find out that my ex didn't even have my camera at which place I told them I would have left it alone if that were the case but my ex kept saying she just wasn't returning it cause I broke some dollar-store dishes after the break up.

Now in terms of harassment like I said she kept calling me at odd hours in the morning even though I told her to stop. And I offered to pay for the broken dishes which I didn't even return, I just threw away. And, It took 2 solid months to get rid of her stuff. I was nice enough to hang on to it, calling her grandfather, her closes relative, to come get it or let me deliver it. He kept giving me b.s as to why he couldn't one week after another but after 2 months I got rid of it. Everything was neatly packed and left on his deck per our agreement. After I dropped it off she said she would return my camera to him or have it dropped off at my work, etc. After 2 weeks nothing happened so I sent her a text saying I'd post our sex tapes, which she knew didn't really exist, online. Eventually after I saw that she was really worried about it I said they didn't exist and that she should just mail it to me. She "agreed" and now I have a court summons for harassing communication. Should I worry? Get a lawyer? Any advice would help. Thanks,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">