• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dealing with Corrupt Judges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fixcorruption

California Civil Litigation
I'm Pro-Per

I've got a few cases concluded and few pending. We sued, won and have had to face now our 4th suit against us. We've prevailed in every war one jury, one trial by court. We are owed in excess of $800,000 with two suits pending. The "trial by court" was so frivolous the judge would have had to have a sticker on his forehead saying "I'm corrupt" to have ruled against us.
Our problem is that the debtors have close local political ties and the judges are obviously exercising intentional incompetence. A few of the judges in the courthouse have acknowledged just how frivolous these actions against us have been but it has been in settlement conference settings. Our problem is that our cases are being assigned to the judges whom have shown extreme bias and I need to do something. We've had one erronious ruling after another, one appeal after another. We had an attorney respectfully walk away because our cases were affecting his other cases before these judges. I can do a peremptory challange out the gate in one case , but then what?

What do I do?
shut up? Start filing motions for cause? Change of venue? Call a reporter? What?
The big question is:
If I make it clear (respectfully of course ) that I know about the corruption will it just piss them off, or make them watch their step and follow the law?and what will the ethical judges do, respect a fight or stick together protecting their colleges? It's a Master Calender Court House.

Thanks

Hot Topic

Do you have actual proof of corruption? Do you have actual proof that the judges are "obviously exercising intentional incompetence?"

You need to be careful about your insinuations or you could find yourself targeted by another lawsuit.

Ronin

You are incredibly naive if you believe that as a pro se litigant you will even make it to first base with your accusations of corrupt judges. Any motions you file in this regard will be promptly dismissed and you will face an even tougher uphill battle in court than you now face.

The media could care less about such accusations from a pro se. All you have to do is start making some calls to find that out.

You are absolutely right that if you even hint in any manner to the judges they are corrupt you will thoroughly piss them off. However, your assumption any judge will be even mildly intimidated by this is way off base. Quite the opposite.

Any appeals you file suggesting judicial corruption will also be promptly dismissed... and game over.

What do I do?
shut up? Start filing motions for cause? Change of venue? Call a reporter? What?
Bingo on your first suggestion ;)

You may feel you are playing in the big leagues on par with the attorneys, and that you are on a level playing field as far as how the legal system will treat you. But if you pursue this route you will gain some hard learned experience on some underlying realities of our judicial system.

fixcorruption

Proof

Do you have actual proof of corruption? Do you have actual proof that the judges are "obviously exercising intentional incompetence?"

You need to be careful about your insinuations or you could find yourself targeted by another lawsuit.
Thanks for your comments all are appreciated.

I assure you I "will" be targeted with another lawsuit, that's what some attorneys do especially when one has a large judgment against their client and knows the judges, but I would have been scared away a long time ago if that was an issue. Yeah...Slapp, Privilege all that doesn't mean squat just more appeals. Proof ? As much as any attorney has, do I have a written confession? No! Do I think they are passing dollar bills? No! But when a layman can listen to a judge in court and say to himself, Hey! That’s not the law! the law says ..."it's in my papers"**************and hear a judge say that’s it, motion denied! I've got to go "I'm late for my picnic!" That’s one form of corruption in my book “intentional incompetence?"

You’re right, countless erroneous rulings don't mean corruption from a legal standpoint, maybe the judge just doesn't know much about the law but I ignoring the law when its in your papers, corruption. If I had "legal" proof I'd be on a FBI website or channel 9 not here. Not insinuating anything here but, anyone familiar with our legal system is well aware of my predicament.

fixcorruption

Claiming Bias v. Corruption

Again, thanks for the replies! I have no intention of filing anything claiming "corruption" I am not that "naive" :) I guess my post must have been more aggressive then I had intended.

I have no intentions of claiming corruption this is my online posting not my motion to a judge . There must be strategies that those experienced in the system such as yourselves use when dealing with a judge that refuses to follow the law. Claiming corruption is not my intent, only my opinion. Obviously with erroneous rulings, bias appears. Judges don't like the appellate courts to expose when they disregarding the law. There must be subtle ways to accomplish ones goal when an attack would fail

Ronin

...There must be strategies that those experienced in the system such as yourselves use when dealing with a judge that refuses to follow the law... Judges don't like the appellate courts to expose when they disregarding the law. There must be subtle ways to accomplish ones goal when an attack would fail
What attorneys do is deal the best they can with the hand they get as far as judges are concerned... and not take things personally.

After all, for most attorneys, they may have dozens or even hundreds of cases in front of the same judge over the course of their careers, and they are not about to burn any bridges with the judge over one case. The attorney still gets paid the same for their time, whether they win or lose.

So they their best foot forward, make the best case they can, preserve any error, make timely objections, and if they lose, recommend a good appellate attorney for clients wishing to appeal, and move on to their next case with possibly the same judge.

So all you can do is put your best foot forward and hope for the best...

I would not hold my breath with any expectations of recusing a judge from a case, much less a court of appeals overturning a judge on a pro se civil case.

fixcorruption

General Responses

Dave33- thanks for the only non-sarcastic reply. I am familiar with caught.net and unfortunately quite familiar with "what" i'm dealing with, what i was looking for was some advice on "how" to deal with it.

Zinger- i'm not sure what led you to the assumption that "i can't find an attorney" i can find 100 of them with the law being clear, that would do what?

I thought about putting an add on craigslist looking for an attorney that knows the judges better than the other guy but, i figured i'd have little success so i didn't bother.
Have you ever had to hire attorneys for a long case ?
I'm assuming you’re not one or you would not have asked that question.

Ronin- "any appeals you file suggesting judicial corruption will also be promptly dismissed... And game over"

there are many circumstances where this is not correct. Have you ever had a judge rule with no jurisdiction? It's generally void, depending on who's ruling and who knows who.
There "are" ways to protect ones rights and thank goodness for those of us that have the balls to attempt it, if only attorney's career’s where not at stack challenging the judges there wouldn't be so much corruption.

I would never think of filing an appeal suggesting "judical corruption" maybe only judicial incompetence in the trial court. I'd leave it up to the appelate justices to see they chose to see the corruption.

To the rest of the replies - this was an honest post asking an honest question and i was just looking for some honest suggestions.

Ronin

I would never think of filing an appeal suggesting "judical corruption" maybe only judicial incompetence in the trial court. I'd leave it up to the appelate justices to see they chose to see the corruption.
Make a claim of judicial incompetence as a pro se to a court of appeals and your appeal is guaranteed to wind up dead in the water. And an appellate opinion slamming you indicating you are just another pro se "ranting" about a case without merit.

Argue your case to the trial court as an attorney would, make timely objections, preserve error, file timely post-judgment motions, order and pay for all the transcipts and records in your case, and on appeal present a well argued appellate brief addressing the applicable statutes, sufficiency of the evidence, abuse of discretion, and other such matters... then your odds go from zero to just maybe a long shot at winning on appeal.

There "are" ways to protect ones rights and thank goodness for those of us that have the balls to attempt it...
The only way is overturn a judgment is via a court of appeals and state supreme court, and it doesn't take any stones to take a case there and say whatever you wish to say. Failing this route, there is really no other recourse for overturning a judgment.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">