• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Defendant supoena to bring Minor witness for Prosecution

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Thompsonfam3

I have a Domestic violence charge against me in Mesa, AZ no contact was made. Im being charged with 13-1203A2 assult fear of injury-DV I plead not guilty and I am not appointed a lawyer because I do not face jail time. I am a 1st time offender, I have clean record in fact Im in police academy. My husband called the cops told them I tried to kick him and my son saw. We got a suponea sent to our house when we weren't home my 84 yr grandpa signed for it. We got 3 suponeas one for my husband and two that state to the parents or guardian of my son. My husband is not my sons biological dad nor is my husband his guardian. The cop assumed we all had the same last name. I am the only parent on my sons birth certificate. Can I be forced to bring my own son to testify against me? My husband and I have reconciled, he is Bi-polar was off meds when we got into argument(prosecution doesn't know he's bi-polar ). He has already told prosecution that in a written statement that he doesn't remember what happened that I tried to kick save a phone and he thought I kicked him and that he doesnt want me prosecuted. Also, my husband heard that if he doesn't show up case dismissed and hes willing to do jail time because niether of us has ever been arrested or even warned he thinks 1 or 2 nights and a fine. What does that entail if he doesn't go and can I be forced to bring my son and penalized if I do not?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">