• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

did lawyer's office mess up?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

phillyme

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

Hello,

Hope someone can advise me...I was injured when I fell on some ice getting on a bus back in December '04. This was on the mass transit company's property, about five days after the snow, and the ice had not been cleared. The ice was unavoidable in boarding my bus.

I called a lawyer when I got home from the hospital; his photographer came out the next day. I spoke to his assistant, got a witness list, medical records, did everything that was requested.

A year later, his assistant contacted me to say that SEPTA (the transit co) could not be sued for ice on their property. I spoke with the lawyer, who said that this was the case, but that "if anybody could get something out of them, it's me!" No one could tell me why they waited a year to inform me of this.

I am now wondering if this is really the case or if his office didn't file something in time or did something else wrong. And, still, why they waited a year to come back with this. If anyone has any answers for me or can point me in the right direction, I'd be grateful.

Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">