• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

domestic relations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cacti1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? south carolina. i hired a lawyer several months ago to represent me in a domestic relations case (divorce). there is a issue in the property settlement of property i owned before we married. there has been nothing done to settle my case. my lawyer has not even heard my case. he scheduled me a appointment for monday afternoon, and we are to go to court on tuesday. i don't feel this lawyer is going to do anything except tie my case up in court as long as he can. the longer he keeps it in court, the more he makes. should i, can i FIRE him? should i represent myself? if i wait until the actual hearing to fire him, her lawyer will use that to make me pay her lawyer fees.

KJHOOK13

Motion to Continue

File a Motion to Continue so that you have time to change legal counsel. If you are worried about the property settlement, you should always seek representation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">