• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Don't waste money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

concerndsister

In 2008 my brother gave me $150,000 of his money to hold onto for a future business with my husband. Since April 2009 I have given him back $60,000. He is a drug user. I am very concerned for him and was wondering if there is any legal action in the probate court I can take so I don't have to give him back his remaining money until he is drug free and more stable?

Needless to say...my husband will no longer go into business with him.

Thank you!

tranquility

The state is important because then we can give you the statutory multiplier for his damages for any breach of your fiduciary duties.

Dandy Don

Talk to a family law attorney, but there is probably no way for you to do anything but the right thing by giving him the money that is legally his to do with as he pleases.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">