• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Educate a judge - is it allowed?

• Thread starter NotACopOrLawyer
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

NotACopOrLawyer

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?CA

In our local traffic court it is musical chairs - four different judges since December. There's a judge shortage so they get retired judges to do the job for a few weeks at a time.

Traffic law was static for a long time so a few years ago such use of retired judges wouldn't have been a problem. But now we have red light cameras, with a whole body of new legislation. The local cops are having fun with it, hoodwinking the judges. By week three of their stint, the judges are figuring it out - but in a few more days they are gone, replaced by a new gullible judge.

I observe this stuff, do not have a case pending in the court. I would like to write to each new judge and tell him the pitfalls, the secret things the cops are covering up.

Can I? Is such a thing allowed?

Not a Cop or Lawyer... or a Judge

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">