• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Estate: Closure for my father.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pologenius21

Mississippi. Okay hello everybody my name is Jay and here's my story.

So my father passed in February of 2010. Before he passed I was appointed guardian over his personal and business affairs as he was having problems with alcohol. So after his death in 2010 the lawyers that I dealt with started getting all of his financial debts together, and they told me it could take anywhere from 6 months to a year to close the estate out, also that they did not want to rush due to attempting to let the statute of limitations run out on most of the creditors. So long story short it will be 2 years in February 2012 and I believe that my lawyer is clocking time to put in his pocket. I haven't heard any news, whether good or bad in quite some time (months) and I still have the email where I told him I would like to close the estate in December, I sent that email to him in October this year. What can I do to get this guys attention without getting him in too much trouble?

Hot Topic

Mississippi. Okay hello everybody my name is Jay and here's my story.

So my father passed in February of 2010. Before he passed I was appointed guardian over his personal and business affairs as he was having problems with alcohol. So after his death in 2010 the lawyers that I dealt with started getting all of his financial debts together, and they told me it could take anywhere from 6 months to a year to close the estate out, also that they did not want to rush due to attempting to let the statute of limitations run out on most of the creditors. So long story short it will be 2 years in February 2012 and I believe that my lawyer is clocking time to put in his pocket. I haven't heard any news, whether good or bad in quite some time (months) and I still have the email where I told him I would like to close the estate in December, I sent that email to him in October this year. What can I do to get this guys attention without getting him in too much trouble?
Estates take a long time to settle. When my mother died, it took seventeen months. Part of the wait included the six months allotted for claims to be filed against the estate.

What you "believe" is one thing. What you can prove is another.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">