• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ethical, Criminal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Selah1

What is the name of your state?Wisconsin.

Our senior pastor instructed someone to remove an interoffice letter from the folders of the deacons, the letter was a resignation letter from an employee. The Senior Pastor has already seen the letter. A message was left for the author of the letter to contact the Senior Pastor. It this illegal? Unethical?

Please advise

S

seniorjudge

Selah1 said:
What is the name of your state?Wisconsin.

Our senior pastor instructed someone to remove an interoffice letter from the folders of the deacons, the letter was a resignation letter from an employee. The Senior Pastor has already seen the letter. A message was left for the author of the letter to contact the Senior Pastor. It this illegal? Unethical?

Please advise
Doesn't sound illegal or unethical to me.

Facts?

Details?

Why would this be either illegal or unethical?

Sounds like an internal church matter to me.

Enlighten me.

Selah1

stealing

Well, the accusation is that this is stealing. The notion is that the deacons folders are their property and the contents of those folders are in the deacons possession. Removing something from them, or even requesting that it be removed is theft.

S

seniorjudge

Selah1 said:
Well, the accusation is that this is stealing. The notion is that the deacons folders are their property and the contents of those folders are in the deacons possession. Removing something from them, or even requesting that it be removed is theft.
This is an internal church matter.

Carry the info to the prosecutor if you like.

I suspect he will show a great deal of disinterest.

careone

Sounds like the senior pastor is wanting to discuss the resignation with the employee before it becomes public information. May have information that can enlighten the employee's decision.

A superindentent of Springfield Missouri recently annouced his resignation publicly, then decided he didn't want to resign just yet, because the resignation had been formal, they made him leave and replaced him last week.

So, again, depending on the circumstances and the content of the resignation, he may see a way of saving the employees job or avoiding an embarrasing situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">