• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ethical Issue...should I do it ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ahspao

I received a speeding ticket and gave it to a lawyer. My first mistake was giving it to a cheap lawyer. My 2nd choice lawyer was more expensive but more tenured and would have used his friends in the court to dismiss the ticket or get me a few months probation as he assured me he would. I went with the 1st choice lawyer who says he only got me Defensive Driving and can't get anything better. The laws in Texas state that I can only take this course once every 12 months. I took it 8 months ago but it doesn't show up on my driving record like its supposed to. Should I just accept it anyway ? The problem is I'm sure i have to sign an affidavit saying I haven't taken the course, which means I won't be completely truthful and I'm not too happy with that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">