• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ethical practices

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nelsy

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
i called an attorney to take over my orphan court case 2 years ago. I informed him at the time that I did not have alot of money, but was due some.
he refused to give me a contingency but took the case anyway. It is now 2 years later, many questions of mine have not been answered, my case has been distributed to 3 different attorneys in the firm,(now there are 4) all of which have to learn the material from day 1, my e-mails have been blocked, I never received a contract or contract on fees, there is a discrepancy of findings of over 6 figures in 2.5 months (in relation to a possible settlement amount), I was told the bill was 30-40 in Jan., was gone most of Feb. and now they say the bill is 75, I have been TOLD to contact one of the 4 to communicate to the others. All that does is run up the bill more. Yes, I ask for information, more so, share information thru e-mails, (can't get them on the phone) in 2 years averageing twice a month, maybe (I checked earlier today). The newest attorney spent almost 3 hours testing what I would be like in a deposition (I assume) by screaming at me, calling me a liar and abusive, at my cost. First time I had ever talked to the guy. The head admitted that the other was "abrupt".
What do I do? Are these actions ethical?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">