• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ethics question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

drtdrm4him

I had a dissolution of marriage done in 5/06. Due to the complicated nature of the assets there were 4 QDRO's. They have taken this long to have approved through my ex-husband's retirement. The last one being 5/09. My attorney referred me to a Divorce Financial Analyst. She in turned was paid seperately from my attorney. She did the QDRO'S due to the fact my attorney didn't handle that part of the dissolution. She was paid in full and has refused to release the last QDRO to me for filing. My attorney has ceased to represent me due to a balance I owe him. He therefore suggested time was of the essence in getting this last one filed. My question is and I asked her this directly why she won't release it to me? I advised her that I contracted with her independently and she was paid in full. She was very rude and hung up on me telling me to never call back again. My question is can either party withhold that document and prevent me from filing it? I met my contract with the Financial Analyst in preparing the QDRo'S. If I could met my expenses with my divorce attorney this would have never happened. Basically this document has been paid for and is being held hostage due to my inability to pay my attorney not the analyst. The attorney suggested I hire new counsel to file the last QDRO. Of course if I could pay another for that is would be fine but I am stuck. Any response to the question would be greatly appreciated. I reside in the state of Florida... Thank you for taking the time to assist me in this matter....What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">