• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex husband and attorney are friends

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

arhickgrl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Arkansas
I need help filing a legal malpractice case.
In 2004 my ex made me quick claim him the deed to our home and sign divorce papers in our bedroom.
I later took a care giving job out of state. I packed for about a 3 week stay.
While I was away my ex and his attorney processed the papers I signed. Leaving me homeless. I was informed I had no home to come back to.I was not informed of any divorce hearing.
The statue is 6 months. I am in survival mode. This year I was able to hire an attorney who filed a motion to set aside and was denied.
My ex drew up a document stole his attorney's notary seal stamped and forged her name.
2008 I filed a complaint with the Nevada secretary of state and got no where.
The attorney and my ex swears he signed said document in font of her. She they also swore I signed the quick claim deed and divorce papers in front of her.
This year I was able to hire a forensic document examiner who deemed his document a forgery,and the two signatures in her notary were electronically placed there. My ex is a Web Master. He networked the attorneys office and bartered the divorce. To this day I have received nothing.I know is to late on the divorce deal,I hope to file a legal malpractice case.I have been homeless had a stent put in my heart all I want is justice and to this day can't seem to find any.....:confused:
thanks,arhickgrl

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Arkansas
In 2004 my ex made me quick claim him the deed to our home and sign divorce papers in our bedroom.
While I was away my ex and his attorney processed the papers I signed. Leaving me homeless. I was informed I had no home to come back to.I was not informed of any divorce hearing.
The statue is 6 months. I am in survival mode. This year I was able to hire an attorney who filed a motion to set aside and was denied.
My ex drew up a document stole his attorney's notary seal stamped and forged her name.
The attorney and my ex swears he signed said document in font of her. She they also swore I signed the quick claim deed and divorce papers in front of her.
This year I was able to hire a forensic document examiner who deemed his document a forgery,and the two signatures in her notary were electronically placed there. My ex is a Web Master. He networked the attorneys office and bartered the divorce. To this day I have received nothing.I know is to late on the divorce deal,I hope to file a legal malpractice case.I have been homeless had a stent put in my heart all I want is justice and to this day can't seem to find any.....:confused:
thanks,arhickgrl
You want to file a legal malpractice case based on what exactly? Did you file a criminal complaint regarding the forgery? This attorney owed you NOTHING.

Hot Topic

Arkansas
thanks,arhickgrl

Your claim that your ex "made" you quick claim the deed to your home and sign divorce papers in your bedroom hamstrings your case. In other words, it's doubtful anyone will believe you.

This is obviously a divorce case that has gotten ugly. I'd like to hear your ex's side.

nextwife

The ex and HIS attorney are friends? That is perfectly legal.

There is no such thing as a Quick Claim deed, so I doubt you were forced to sign a quick claim.

Did you or did you not actually sign a deed to your ex? How were you "forced"?

Also, how long was the marriage? Was it acquired BEFORE or during the marriage? Who is on title (exactly)?

Who is obligated under the mortgage, and how much actual EQUITY is there in the home?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">