• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex's Lawyer used my credit report in custody hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mlk1978

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I've been going through a nasty custody support for 2 years now. During our last hearing my ex's lawyer used my credit report and showed my credit report during our hearing to prove financial well being. My car was repossed in 3-04 and he was trying to show that i was financially unable to take care of my oldest daughter. Can he do this? I have heard that he cant use the actual credit report in a court of law and he did. Also I never gave him or anyone else permission to pull it. Is there anything that I can do?

TIA

mlk1978

BelizeBreeze said:
Of course he can. It's called D.I.V.O.R.C.E....ask Tammy Wynette
So this gives him the right to pull my credit without my permission? I didn't even give him my ss#. And it wasn't a divorce we were never married. It was a custody battle not a custody/alimony/divorce.

mlk1978

I dont think I would.. maybe. But the thing is I never gave my SS# to him and we have been split up for 7 years now.

stephenk

Don't you think your kid's mom would have your SS#? Plus there are other types of searches that can obtain a SS# of a person if they have name and date of birth.

mlk1978

Ok Thanks... but for the record I am the mom and my ex boyfriend and/or his lawyer is the one who pulled my (the mom) credit report. We were 19 when we split and there was no reason what so ever that he should have had it. I thought it would be invasion of my privacy or anyones for that matter to illegally obtain my SS#. Apparently not. Maybe I should go find his SS# then huh.

mlk1978

BelizeBreeze said:
And everyone who believes THAT could populate the head of a pin.
I dont care to hear your petty comments BelizeBreeze. I've read quite a few of your incompetant remarks. As I said to you on a pp, people come here for advice not to be ridiculed. Please dont reply to my threads unless you have something usefull to post. Thank you!

BelizeBreeze

mlk1978 said:
I dont care to hear your petty comments BelizeBreeze. I've read quite a few of your incompetant remarks. As I said to you on a pp, people come here for advice not to be ridiculed. Please dont reply to my threads unless you have something usefull to post. Thank you!
Why? Because in your last reply you showed that I WAS RIGHT?

YOU WOULD do it.

And go back and read my initial response to you. I was the FIRST to tell you that it was not illegal. Don't like the answer, wait until someone comes along to tell you something different. :rolleyes:

mlk1978

BelizeBreeze said:
Why? Because in your last reply you showed that I WAS RIGHT?

YOU WOULD do it.

And go back and read my initial response to you. I was the FIRST to tell you that it was not illegal. Don't like the answer, wait until someone comes along to tell you something different. :rolleyes:
Well I can say this... i have no need to use his CR. I won the case for custody, but now I'm looking at invasion of privacy charges. My ex is an alcoholic, I wouldn't have needed to use his credit report. His driving records shows enough. So I think I would have to say NO on using his report, unless for some reason the judge would've given him custody (which there was no chance in he%%). You can believe what you want on who would do what where and when.... but let everyone else make their own decision. Your remark was once again useless.

BelizeBreeze

mlk1978 said:
Well I can say this... i have no need to use his CR. I won the case for custody, but now I'm looking at invasion of privacy charges. My ex is an alcoholic, I wouldn't have needed to use his credit report. His driving records shows enough. So I think I would have to say NO on using his report, unless for some reason the judge would've given him custody (which there was no chance in he%%). You can believe what you want on who would do what where and when.... but let everyone else make their own decision. Your remark was once again useless.
Invasion of privacy? Lady, you are seriously deluded.

First of all, prove he and not his attorney received the information.

And what does your ex being an alcoholic have to do with ANYTHING? Alcoholics, drug users, criminals gain custody all the time. Know why? Because having a past does NOT preclude them from their constitutional rights as a parent.

Just like you being holier than thou doesn't. :rolleyes:

stephenk

the use of the credit report was legitimate to argue you are financially irresponsible - you had a bankruptcy - and therefore unable to take care of your child.

you would use the same information on your ex and you know it.

the fact he is an alcoholic has more to do with your choice of men to have a baby with than his problem with drinking.

Your kid has a rough road ahead.

mlk1978

BelizeBreeze said:
Invasion of privacy? Lady, you are seriously deluded.:
I think NOT!!

[/QUOTE]First of all, prove he and not his attorney received the information. :[/QUOTE]

Ok, this is usefull, thank you!

[/QUOTE]And what does your ex being an alcoholic have to do with ANYTHING? Alcoholics, drug users, criminals gain custody all the time. Know why? Because having a past does NOT preclude them from their constitutional rights as a parent.:[/QUOTE]

Yes, this is true. But the judge himself decided that being a CURRENT habitual offender was reason enough not to give him full custody. The reason being, since he seems to have a problem at this time, the courts find that since he has this problem it puts our daughter in danger.

[/QUOTE] Just like you being holier than thou doesn't. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Do you post comments like this because they make you feel better about yourself??? You must have dangerously low self esteem. Thats what it looks like, to me anyway. Your life must be pretty darn boring to make you think that you must try to belittle people in your redundant ways! Maybe (and obviously) YOU are the one that thinks they are holier than though!

HomeGuru

mlk1978 said:
I think NOT!!
First of all, prove he and not his attorney received the information. :[/QUOTE]

Ok, this is usefull, thank you!

[/QUOTE]And what does your ex being an alcoholic have to do with ANYTHING? Alcoholics, drug users, criminals gain custody all the time. Know why? Because having a past does NOT preclude them from their constitutional rights as a parent.:[/QUOTE]

Yes, this is true. But the judge himself decided that being a CURRENT habitual offender was reason enough not to give him full custody. The reason being, since he seems to have a problem at this time, the courts find that since he has this problem it puts our daughter in danger.

[/QUOTE] Just like you being holier than thou doesn't. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Do you post comments like this because they make you feel better about yourself??? You must have dangerously low self esteem. Thats what it looks like, to me anyway. Your life must be pretty darn boring to make you think that you must try to belittle people in your redundant ways! Maybe (and obviously) YOU are the one that thinks they are holier than though![/QUOTE]

**A: oh brother**************...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">