• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Extortion - Ethic letter from Lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

werner69

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I got sued by a guy who worked for me telling I promised him to give him 20% of everything I own....

Of course there is no proof but as we all know the lawyers want to make money and delay the whole case so that they get something at the end.

The case has started but I have some questions as my Lawyers always tell me different things I do not believe.

1) Can I make a complaint against the lawyer as he sent me a threatening letter saying he would make it a public legal case were everybody would be in trouble.

2) The guy who is suing me did criminal things like losing a lot of money in trading penny stocks without my knowing. Also it seems that he was banned already in 2004 for lifetime from trading.
Can I forward all the criminal issues directly to the prosecutor even the civil case has just started? My lawyer always tells me I have to wait. I don´t know why I should wait as the criminal issues have nothing to do with the civil case.

I know that the lawyer just wants to delay and make it a big case so that they can charge a lot but I would rather have the prosecutor work for me.....

Thank you for your answers

swalsh411

Most anything that happens in Court will be a part of the public record so you are not being "threatened" with anything that wouldn't happen anyway.

This person's alleged criminal activities have nothing to do with his civil case against you. If it helps you sleep better at night, then report what you think he did to the police or SEC. Why do you think his stock trading is any of your business?

werner69

Threatening letter / Trade

Most anything that happens in Court will be a part of the public record so you are not being "threatened" with anything that wouldn't happen anyway.

This person's alleged criminal activities have nothing to do with his civil case against you. If it helps you sleep better at night, then report what you think he did to the police or SEC. Why do you think his stock trading is any of your business?
First thank you for your quick reply.

According to his letter I got it before the case started at court and it was really rude and threatening. I always thought that lawyers have to follow certain rules and be respectful. Maybe I am wrong and lawyers can do whaterver they want :)

About the stocj trading it is my business as it was my stock he used for trading and lost a lot of money without me knowing even that he was trading this kind of stock. He convinced me to allow him to trade and I told him only to trade low risk. I later found out he was banned when the bank clled me directly.

ad dublicate: I know. Sorry for that

werner69

First thank you for your quick reply.

According to his letter I got it before the case started at court and it was really rude and threatening. I always thought that lawyers have to follow certain rules and be respectful. Maybe I am wrong and lawyers can do whaterver they want :)

About the stocj trading it is my business as it was my stock he used for trading and lost a lot of money without me knowing even that he was trading this kind of stock. He convinced me to allow him to trade and I told him only to trade low risk. I later found out he was banned when the bank clled me directly.

ad dublicate: I know. Sorry for that

By the way: sorry about my english... I am European. In Europe a lawyer writing a letter like this would loose his licence immediately.... :)

werner69

No, I don't think so.

I know it. It happened to one I know. A lawyer in Europe is not allowed to write rude and threatening thing like if you do not pay I will take you to court and you have troubles ....

He can just say: according to § xx you have to pay this amount......

It has not a legal issue but the "Rechtsanwaltskammer" issuing the licence take it away..... Maybe not the first time.

They say that there are enyway enough lawyers so they get rid of the "bad" ones :)

In Europe a lawyer writing a letter like this would loose his licence immediately.... :)
Can you clarify the content of the letter? Attorneys shouldn't be making threats or using scare tactics against their own clients, but from your post I really don't know what he was threatening to do or why he was making the threat.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">