• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False advertising

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bobbey

What is the name of your state? California -

if a company is advertising that they are a law firm - but do not have any lawyers working for them only " rent an Attorneys" and lead you into presmuming with out saying that they are an Attorney - is this legal.

ie: called a supposed law firm up - paper work came back stating & associates
and they would use a contract lawyer in the paper work to represent you - in the mean time not really giving you any legal advise what so ever but making it sound like it ???

Robert.

HomeGuru

bobbey said:
What is the name of your state? California -

if a company is advertising that they are a law firm - but do not have any lawyers working for them only " rent an Attorneys" and lead you into presmuming with out saying that they are an Attorney - is this legal.

ie: called a supposed law firm up - paper work came back stating & associates
and they would use a contract lawyer in the paper work to represent you - in the mean time not really giving you any legal advise what so ever but making it sound like it ???

Robert.

**A: confusing post. Start over.

bobbey

false advertising

I called a place that stated that they were a Law firm per the ad -
paper work they had me sign stated the they were .& associates - not law firm.

they do not have any lawyers working in the office only staff - which is doing the consultations, advice along with signing the attorneys name to the agreement, and handling all money transactions.

The name of the firm/& associates is an attorney - or at least on file.
no one has ever really seen this person.

is this clear

JoeyBingoBoyz

just curious about the name of this firm since i am dealing with this same issue, if you dont want to say specifically, then at least the first initials of the name. For example, E. C. & Associates

seniorjudge

bobbey said:
I called a place that stated that they were a Law firm per the ad -
paper work they had me sign stated the they were .& associates - not law firm.

they do not have any lawyers working in the office only staff - which is doing the consultations, advice along with signing the attorneys name to the agreement, and handling all money transactions.

The name of the firm/& associates is an attorney - or at least on file.
no one has ever really seen this person.

is this clear
Tell us EXACTLY what it is you think this firm is doing.

You have a very confused post. If there is a lawyer and he has a firm, then there is a law firm, right?

So where's the beef?

Explain yourself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">