• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

false statement by judge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jakedude

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CALIFORNIA
My wife was in 2 auto accidents on the same day one in the morning and one in the afternoon. She was ticketed twice for "no proof of insurance" one for the morn accident & one for the afternoon accident. We had insurance on said vehicle. She was not able to show proof at the time, we were still waiting for ins cards in the mail. The citations had the same apperancetime & date. We appeared at traffic window as we were told to do. She paid both fix it tickets for $25.00 a piece & proof of insurance, in which she did. She was given a reciept for both citations as they were both marked "paid in full" A month or so later she received a bill from the courts, for a huge amount of money along with a transcript of the proceedings she "missed".
The transcript lists the same police officer as the officer on scene, in which he wasn't There were 2 different accidents and two different officers!

She paid both fix it tickets a month or so earlier SO WHY HAS THE JUDGE STATED THAT SHE HAS TO PAY THE FULL FINE & THE SAME OFFICERS WERE ON SCENE AS WITNESSES? THIS IS NOWHERE NEAR THE TRUTH!!!!

We found out the judge retired directly after this incident and we CANNOT GET A COURT DATE to try to rectify this. WHY?????

WE feel this is a terribly unjustified action by our local courts. What can we do to get this thing fixed? Thank you.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
My wife was in 2 auto accidents on the same day one in the morning and one in the afternoon. She was ticketed twice for "no proof of insurance" one for the morn accident & one for the afternoon accident. We had insurance on said vehicle. She was not able to show proof at the time, we were still waiting for ins cards in the mail. The citations had the same apperancetime & date. We appeared at traffic window as we were told to do. She paid both fix it tickets for $25.00 a piece & proof of insurance, in which she did. She was given a reciept for both citations as they were both marked "paid in full" A month or so later she received a bill from the courts, for a huge amount of money along with a transcript of the proceedings she "missed".
The transcript lists the same police officer as the officer on scene, in which he wasn't There were 2 different accidents and two different officers!

She paid both fix it tickets a month or so earlier SO WHY HAS THE JUDGE STATED THAT SHE HAS TO PAY THE FULL FINE & THE SAME OFFICERS WERE ON SCENE AS WITNESSES? THIS IS NOWHERE NEAR THE TRUTH!!!!

We found out the judge retired directly after this incident and we CANNOT GET A COURT DATE to try to rectify this. WHY?????

WE feel this is a terribly unjustified action by our local courts. What can we do to get this thing fixed? Thank you.
She was in two accidents. ACCIDENTS require a hearing. paying the fix it tickets are only part of it. She missed the hearing. SHE screwed up. She has to pay the full fine and the judge found the same officers were on scene because no one was there to dispute that because your wife didn't attend the hearing she was ordered to attend. A court date to rectify it? Your wife would HAVE TO APPEAL the judge. She doesn't get a do over. And she most likely is out of time to appeal. You get nothing because this was not your problem.

quincy

I see no legal ethics problem or lawyer malpractice in what you have written. I see no "false statement" by the judge.

And I am pretty sure the judge didn't retire just to make things difficult for your wife. ;)

I agree with Ohiogal that it appears your wife missed a hearing or hearings on the traffic accidents. Your wife could speak to an attorney for a personal review of the matter if she wants to but I do not see that she can escape the fines.

I predict an increase in your insurance rates in the future.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">