• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Falsely Served (fraud)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DaveM070707

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

My wife was allegedley attempted to be served 4 times at our house. (it is my understanding anyone can serve papers for you) Her ex then had these dates and times notorized. However this never occured because i was at the house all 4 days. We have our house under heavy construction and I even have sworn statements by workers who were hear during 3 of those days at those times. This is all in relation to a court proceeding for child custody. Even though he has shown no interest in his children in over 5 yrs. Can anyone tell me how to go about disputing that. And answer my questions. i would be greatly appreciative. My wife is 8 months pregnant with our first child together and does not need this crap.
1. Can i prove thise when we go to court by getting there statements notorized
2. Can he get in trouble for fraud. This is an evil person and he needs to pay.
3. Also the paper she was being served under was not her correct name, which he obviously knows, i was told this is an issue.
4. he is trying to charge us 500$ for extending his legal fees which we obviously didnt do because we were never served or attempted to be served.
PLEASE HELP ME!!
THANK YOU

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

My wife was allegedley attempted to be served 4 times at our house. (it is my understanding anyone can serve papers for you) Her ex then had these dates and times notorized. However this never occured because i was at the house all 4 days. We have our house under heavy construction and I even have sworn statements by workers who were hear during 3 of those days at those times. This is all in relation to a court proceeding for child custody. Even though he has shown no interest in his children in over 5 yrs. Can anyone tell me how to go about disputing that. And answer my questions. i would be greatly appreciative. My wife is 8 months pregnant with our first child together and does not need this crap.
This "crap" however is HER crap and you cannot do anything about it legally except hire her an attorney. She needs to find out about the service. Her ex cannot serve her by the way.
1. Can i prove thise when we go to court by getting there statements notorized
Don't know.

2. Can he get in trouble for fraud. This is an evil person and he needs to pay.
Don't know if it was fraud. You may have been at the house the majority of the time but that doens't mean you were there EVERY SECOND.

3. Also the paper she was being served under was not her correct name, which he obviously knows, i was told this is an issue.
By who?

4. he is trying to charge us 500$ for extending his legal fees which we obviously didnt do because we were never served or attempted to be served.
PLEASE HELP ME!!
THANK YOU

I can easily say you will not be found to owe him anything in this instance. You are not a party to the case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">