• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Family law misrepresentation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lynn2626

It's been a year and I loved my attorney, and do; however she recommended a DVRO, and I haven't seen anything from her since that was granted. The mediator, made a recommendation to the court in regards to our 3 year old daughter. Deterrence me the orders in December based upon that mediators recommendations. The mediator noted that after the domestic violence trial if the Mestic months was perpetrated that he would then make other recommendations. I did not see these notes as I have requested them from my attorney and also to go to mediation on six different occasions. My ex spouse, denied domestic violence, and a month later stipulated to the RO for 1 year. I believe that be aside we did not go back to mediation things have gone from the mediators recommendations, of supervised visits, to every other weekends, by the judge. My attorney reluctantly filed an experte and assured me the judge would not overturn orders. Well, when I asked my attorney to ask the judge how she came up with the orders, she stated, ( and I have the court transcript) "I don't know how I come up with these orders, if it was important I would have noted, but I don't. The judge has 80 cases of so, we aren't a priority. I get it. However, she over turned the overnight ruling, for a month. Something drive me to get the notes from the mediator today, I kept thinking, why wouldn't My attorney give them to me?! This trial had cost my ex spouse 20,000 so far, and me 12,000. We aren't the Hiltons. In fact all the property was not community property it was mine prior too and during he marriage. Including his truck I purchased for him before we were married. This is my question:
Can I request for immediate mediation from back in Dec? What can I do to re surface the issue of going back to mediation immediately? My attorney has been on vacation, this is the second in my mind, indication our daughter is not in the best interest of my attorney. My ex spouse made allegations to my recovery, I have been sober from alcohols for over 3 years. He decided to say I'm a drug addict now, I spent countless hours, getting letters from
Y rehab, AA members, psychologist, all declaring I was never a drug user. My attorney felt "the judge would t read them anyway" so why submit them. The last thing the judge saw in our file was he allegations, and nothing from me defending my recoverey, my name. What can I do???

quincy

... my attorney ... recommended a DVRO, and I haven't seen anything from her since that was granted ...
If you hired an attorney to help you with a DVRO and it was granted, there is no reason to hear from your attorney after that, unless there is another issue that you hired the attorney to handle for you.

The mediator, made a recommendation to the court in regards to our 3 year old daughter. Deterrence me the orders in December based upon that mediators recommendations. The mediator noted that after the domestic violence trial if the Mestic months was perpetrated that he would then make other recommendations.
I have no idea what you are trying to say here. "Deterrence me?" "Mestic months was perpetrated?"

I did not see these notes as I have requested them from my attorney and also to go to mediation on six different occasions. My ex spouse, denied domestic violence, and a month later stipulated to the RO for 1 year. I believe that be aside we did not go back to mediation things have gone from the mediators recommendations, of supervised visits, to every other weekends, by the judge. My attorney reluctantly filed an experte and assured me the judge would not overturn orders. Well, when I asked my attorney to ask the judge how she came up with the orders, she stated, ( and I have the court transcript) "I don't know how I come up with these orders, if it was important I would have noted, but I don't. The judge has 80 cases of so, we aren't a priority. I get it. However, she over turned the overnight ruling, for a month. Something drive me to get the notes from the mediator today, I kept thinking, why wouldn't My attorney give them to me?! This trial had cost my ex spouse 20,000 so far, and me 12,000. We aren't the Hiltons. In fact all the property was not community property it was mine prior too and during he marriage. Including his truck I purchased for him before we were married.
From what I gather in the above is that your ex spouse has agreed to the restraining order for one year, but your ex spouse went from supervised visits to every other weekend visits.

Divorces can be expensive if the parties cannot agree to reasonable terms for the divorce and continue to fight over visitation/child support/child custody/division of property issues.

This is my question:
Can I request for immediate mediation from back in Dec? What can I do to re surface the issue of going back to mediation immediately? My attorney has been on vacation, this is the second in my mind, indication our daughter is not in the best interest of my attorney. My ex spouse made allegations to my recovery, I have been sober from alcohols for over 3 years. He decided to say I'm a drug addict now, I spent countless hours, getting letters from
Y rehab, AA members, psychologist, all declaring I was never a drug user. My attorney felt "the judge would t read them anyway" so why submit them. The last thing the judge saw in our file was he allegations, and nothing from me defending my recoverey, my name. What can I do???
You can wait for your attorney to return from vacation and try to handle the remaining issues in your obviously-contentious divorce at that time. If all you are wanting is to have "your side of the story" included in the divorce files, along with the documentation from rehab and other sources, this can be done but I am sure that the judge is taking all false allegations made by your ex spouse for what they are worth (which is not much). If you feel your attorney is not working for you or considering the best interests of your child, you can look for another attorney to take over.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">