• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A fraud or malpractice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yclegalq

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I had a stipulation case settled in August 2008 and my party signed in September, 2008. We were told by the other party that they had submitted the stipulation accordingly, but in April 2009, I found the court didn't have any record of their submission. The stipulation was then redone in late April 2009 and entered judgement in May, 2009.

There's child support involved in the case and also the other party had other taxable income between Setmeber 08 and May 09. But because it laready passed the judgment date, so I couldn't get the judge to modify the child support based on that additional income. So the other party's attorney should be responsible for the time delay that affects the outcome of my child support modification request. Can I do anything about this lawyer? Can I say he and his client both committed fraud in our guideline child support calculation?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">