• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

GAL Fees?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zephyr

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? WI

Hi everyone, was hoping to get some tips on writing a letter to the court challenging the costs of the GAL (or even if I can/should do so).

Recieved a letter from GAL detailing the costs since the beginning of the year, >$2000. In the letter it stated if no one has any problems with the amounts then after 10 days it would be submitted to the court for order.

My position is this, my son did not receive $2000 wirth of legal representation from this man.

-GAL secretary told me on the phone that the only recommendation he ever made was the one way back in March, that nothing that has happened since March was taken into account or factored into his recommendation in any way.

-GAL was biased, he was not very happy with me at all for writing a letter to the judge requesting that some action be taken to get the GAL to work on the case

-GAL also said to me "have you ever heard of the 11th commandment? thou shall not piss of the GAL" nice huh?

so I guess the questions are:

do I have solid reason to challenge these charges, or at least my responsibilty in paying them?

how do I most effectively present the above items to the judge for contesting the charges?

or should I pay the fees and seek action through the state bar, do I have griounds to seek action through the state bar?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">