• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

GAL's vs Family advocate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NHfather

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NH. Can the courts apoint a Family advocate as a GAL? My Childrens Court appointed GAL is in fact not a GAL but a Family Advocate Lawyer. My question is this. Can the courts present a family Advocate Lawyer as a GAL? I feel as though my Children have been misrepresented by the courts that we were getting a board certified GAL, when in fact they did not.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NH. Can the courts apoint a Family advocate as a GAL? My Childrens Court appointed GAL is in fact not a GAL but a Family Advocate Lawyer. My question is this. Can the courts present a family Advocate Lawyer as a GAL? I feel as though my Children have been misrepresented by the courts that we were getting a board certified GAL, when in fact they did not.
Are you sure that they are also not a GAL?
Guardian ad Litem Board - Rules and Laws

It is possible that they could be.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I have checked with the NH board of GAL's and she is not one of them.
I didn't see in the rules that it is REQUIRED that GALs be board certified. Check with the local rules. If you would prefer a board certified, file a motion with the court to have the GAL replaced.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">