• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Georgia attorney not doing his job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cturner69

Would you care to expand on this a bit? :)
The attorney has been asked and told several times that certian things needed to be looked into, and now its been 2 years and the statute of limitations have ran out only by a couple of weeks for a civil suit

cturner69

The attorney has been asked and told several times that certian things needed to be looked into, and now its been 2 years and the statute of limitations have ran out only by a couple of weeks for a civil suit
what can i do about this?

quincy

what can i do about this?
You wanted to file a civil suit and so you turned the matter over to an attorney to handle and the attorney failed to file the suit in time? Is this correct?

What sort of civil action is this and when did you hire the attorney?

One thing you can always do when an attorney has not "done his job" properly is to file a complaint with the state Bar Association - but there could be more you can do, depending on facts.

Edit to add: I might as well add now that, if you are thinking that missing the filing date on its own is enough to show attorney malpractice, it's not. You will need to prove that, but for the failure to file in time, you would have (more likely than not) been successful with your case and that damages would have been awarded.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">