• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

girlfriend sold my car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

charles reed

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? oregon
while in jail, who i thought was my girlfriend sold my car. she sent to the arizona dmv and got them to send her a title in my name to her address in oregon. she has a jail letter from me saying she can sell my stuff, but i did not believe she could sell my car without me signing the title or giving power of atty to do so. i found out she is in another relationship and gave my mother power of atty to title the car in her name and repossess the car, which she did get the title, but car was already sold on craigslist. i called police and they said they wont help me because they seen the letter where i said to sell my stuff. (ex girl also had electric turned on in my name without my permission.) i still have original title to car. jail phone recordings exist where i told her not to sell my car. and my mother has e mail from her stating she would keep my car safe for me. also, the way she got the car was by stealing my spare key and taking the car from my friend whom i gave permission to hold for me when i went to jail. can i get the car back or did this girl sell it legally by the letter i wrote but later changed my mind about over the phone from jail? the police say i will be in trouble if i take the car back on my own.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?arizona

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? oregon
while in jail, who i thought was my girlfriend sold my car. she sent to the arizona dmv and got them to send her a title in my name to her address in oregon. she has a jail letter from me saying she can sell my stuff, but i did not believe she could sell my car without me signing the title or giving power of atty to do so. i found out she is in another relationship and gave my mother power of atty to title the car in her name and repossess the car, which she did get the title, but car was already sold on craigslist. i called police and they said they wont help me because they seen the letter where i said to sell my stuff. (ex girl also had electric turned on in my name without my permission.) i still have original title to car. jail phone recordings exist where i told her not to sell my car. and my mother has e mail from her stating she would keep my car safe for me. also, the way she got the car was by stealing my spare key and taking the car from my friend whom i gave permission to hold for me when i went to jail. can i get the car back or did this girl sell it legally by the letter i wrote but later changed my mind about over the phone from jail? the police say i will be in trouble if i take the car back on my own.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?arizona
Well this is posted in the wrong place but apparently you gave her power of attorney to sell your stuff.

swalsh411

You absolutely cannot go steal the car from the new owner. You will end up back in jail. You may have recourse against your "girlfriend" if you can prove you told her not to sell the car. Don't expect the prison to give you those tapes without a subpoena though.

charles reed

Oh please tell me ,,, in for stealing cars?
I was in for aid and abet. This same girlfriend stole a computer from a store while I was in there buying one. Surveillance video showed us together. so a little research led the police to me. When I would not give the police her identity, they charged me for it instead. At trial, the DA created a scenario where I was her accomplice in the store, and so by not giving her up, I aided and abetted her. They latter found her on their own.

Proserpina

I was in for aid and abet. This same girlfriend stole a computer from a store while I was in there buying one. Surveillance video showed us together. so a little research led the police to me. When I would not give the police her identity, they charged me for it instead. At trial, the DA created a scenario where I was her accomplice in the store, and so by not giving her up, I aided and abetted her. They latter found her on their own.

Safe to say you're regretting not being honest with the police, no?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">