• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this going to affect me in any way?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aguilar232007

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN

I dont know if Im posting in the right place but here goes.

We hired someone to make us a sign for our tax office when we opened in February 2011. The guy charged $3,500 he took on a job that was too much for him to handle and all of our letters peeled off of our sign and half the sign actually fell off onto the ground. We gave the guy plenty of time to fix it and he never did. I hired a lawyer to help us and I gave him all of the information we had a few invoices that were kind of confusing to understand everything but I did explain it to his staff and offer pictures. We went to court the first time and the judge wouldnt put any judgement on this guy because he said it was a previous client that was a very good client of his when he was an attorney (they sued a hospital for a few million). So my attorney got an another court date set up for this month sometime. They told me I had to come in to give more info to prepare for the trial and I tried to explain that I already gave them everything i had like the invoices and they wouldnt take the pictures at the first appt I had with them. So they kept telling me to come to the office but we got very busy with tax season and I kept missing appointments. His staff got really rude with me and I didnt say anything bad to her I just said just forget everything and I hung up the phone on her. Today I recieved a letter like a court order from my attorney to the judge withdrawing as my counsel because I failed to help prepare for my trial (true because we got very busy) and that I was abusive to his staff. I only got upset because his staff was rude and I hung up on her but that was about it. Is this going to look bad on me or be in my record? I just cant believe they lied about that on the withdrawal paper and Im thinking they needed a very good reason to withdraw from being my attorney so they made that part up? What should I do now?

ecmst12

Find a new lawyer, make the necessary time to provide them with all the information they need to make your case, and be nice to the staff.

aguilar232007

But on all the withdrawal paperwork it says I was abusive with the staff. The judge saw it, is it going to affect me in anyway now or when I get another lawyer and go back to court about this case? Like I said before I was never abusive, I hung up the phone because she raised her voice with me and was being very rude and I hung up before I did wind up saying something I shouldnt have..

Hot Topic

But on all the withdrawal paperwork it says I was abusive with the staff. The judge saw it, is it going to affect me in anyway now or when I get another lawyer and go back to court about this case? Like I said before I was never abusive, I hung up the phone because she raised her voice with me and was being very rude and I hung up before I did wind up saying something I shouldnt have..
Perhaps you should consider having an adult with all the facts go to court with the new attorney. You can home to pout and worry.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">