• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grievance Unfairly Resolved in Favor of the Lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AspiringLegal

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

Greetings all. I am an experienced litigant with a quandary that I'm certain is commonplace. An attorney complaint was submitted to the Ohio Supreme Court Office of Disciplinary Counsel as well as the Bar Association to which the attorney at issue belongs. The bar did not conduct an investigation due to the Disciplinary Counsel's involvement.

In short, the attorney committed numerous ethics violations during the course of representing the client in a Section 1983 civil rights action, and summary judgment was ultimately granted to the defendants, which never should have happened. The complaint submitted against the attorney is among the most well-articulated I've ever seen and clearly spells out the actions/inactions of the attorney while citing to the specific statutory provisions in which he violated in each respective instance.

In the response to the "investigation" from the Disciplinary Counsel, not one single statutory provision was rebutted with any argument or evidence and the complaint was dismissed despite the obviousness of the violations committed by said attorney. Lawyers protecting lawyers.

Correspondence was next sent directly to Chief Justice Maureen O'Connor bringing the issue of the impropriety of her Disciplinary Counsel to her attention, but apparrently the letter was intercepted and responded to by a "director of public information," who (laughably) advised for the complainant to file an attorney grievance directly against the Disciplinary Counsel attorney(!). This clearly wouldn't be a waste of time and effort . . . and would surely achieve favorable results . . .:rolleyes:

The original attorney at issue will soon come under fire in a legal malpractice action, regardless of the shelter provided him by Disciplinary Counel, but I'd like to gain some input as to the weight he'll be given concerning the fact that Disciplinary Counsel found no ethics violations. Also, what is the best course of action to ensure accountability of each attorney in this instance? Thanks in advance for your input.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Based on this posters attitude in his other thread ( https://forum.freeadvice.com/civil-litigation-46/inmate-removed-educational-program-due-pursuing-active-litigation-590518.html ), I suspect this OP won't get much help at all.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Ethical violations are much different than malpractice. Someone could have acted ethically per the OSC and still lose a malpractice suit. Or vice versa.

cyjeff

An experienced litigant?

You are an inmate trying to figure out how to get the state to pay you for a free class you didn't attend because you were working on your case.

I am not sure that your opinion of the legal brief presented means very much. Thanks for playing...

If you are going to lie to this board, the least you can do is not be surprised when we throw the BS flag on your little adventures.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">