• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Had a public defender

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Concerned_Frien

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

I'm new to the forum, & I could'nt find anywhere else to place this topic, assuming it's in the right place

A Friend of mine had a public defender, who she thought was there to help her fight off these monsters (a certain agency) who's enter her life a few months ago, every time she sees them, they are making up new allegations/charges, She'd tell her lawyer that these people are lying, & every time she see's them, new stuff (from out of know-where) is popping up, I dont want to go into details about the case, but anyhow, Her lawyer was defending the agency instead of her. Before she terminated this lawyer, she seeked help with a pro-bono firm, they could'nt represent her, because she already had a C.A.L, now that she got rid of her lawyer, & does'nt have someone representing her, Is it possible to still get a lawyer? A pro-bono one? does the law in mass require that you do? or will they appoint her another C.A.L if she does'nt find a lawyer?

Also, If in court facing the accusers/agency, Can she speak to the judge if the lawyer she had/has is'nt doing her ''job'', Example this agency is lying & she has 'proof' whether it be footage/audio, & the accuser wasn't aware that they were being recorded? Since they are lying about the visits she has with them? The visit goes one way, the report = completely different

Hot Topic

First of all, there's no such word as "seeked." It's "sought."

Why did the "monsters" enter your life? Why do you see them if every time you do, they make up new "allegations/charges? How do you expect us to respond with a helpful answer if you "don't want to go into details?" What's a C.A.L.? What's the reason you need an attorney who won't charge you or will work for a small fee? There needs to be a legitimate reason. Did you confirm that it's legal to record or film someone in your state? Evidence obtained illegally won't be admitted.

Do you know the law well enough to be able to inform the judge that your attorney isn't representing you according to what the law dictates?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">