• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

healthcare application help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ronss

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? az

okay, i have been discharged from 2 jobs in 3 months. ..

1st discharge- worked as a certified nursing aid for 14 yrs, they did a background check, i had a aggravated dui in 1994,,boss did not like that on my record....dicharged me....i was legal to work, made no difference.

on 2/23/90 , 2nd discharge....had some issues that contributed to discharge, 1 was that i forgot to put a alarm on a patient, he was sitting by nursing desk, he stood up and feel,,,cut on his eyelid......took smokers out for their 15 minute smoke, stayed out there for 20 min,,,as i was ready to come in, patient comes out and wants two puffs..told her that i had to go in, and she was late. she turned me in...the last thing that got me discharged, i had a room that was split on on assignements...i had bed 2, bed 1 had another aid...one day bed 2 had a bad case of diareaha, and i changed him 10 times..i kept asking him was was wrong with him,,did they give ya milk of mag..it was sort of dry joke...roomate did not take it that way, and turned me in for lack of respect..this is absolutely not true, i had never had a problem before , and allways treated people properly...they believed the resisdent and he got me fired

okay.-question-on a application ,,2 discharges in 3 months is allmost not going to get me a job....if i leave the last job off the application,,,,can a prospective employer find that out??? on applications..they ask why you left,,i don,t know what to put down so that at least i have a chance for an interview...i was hoping someone here that is a lot smarter than me could give some helpful advice:(

Last edited:

Hot Topic

If you don't tell the truth on your applications, you can be fired later for cause. If you "forget" to put a job on your application, you could also be found out.

It seems that everything that has happened to you is someone else's fault. The boss had the legal right to discharge you for the aggravated DUI. Had he discharged you simply because you were over 40 or African American, for example, it would have been a violation of Federal law. People who are charged with a DUI are not in a protected class.

You forgot to put an alarm on a patient. It was your fault he fell and was injured.

You haven't "always" treated patients properly. The patient wasn't intentionally trying to "disturb" you because he was suffering from "D." You were "joking" at his expense. Good for him for turning an insensitive jerk in.

And what does this have to do with legal ethics and lawyer malpractice?

ronss

If you don't tell the truth on your applications, you can be fired later for cause. If you "forget" to put a job on your application, you could also be found out.

It seems that everything that has happened to you is someone else's fault. The boss had the legal right to discharge you for the aggravated DUI. Had he discharged you simply because you were over 40 or African American, for example, it would have been a violation of Federal law. People who are charged with a DUI are not in a protected class.

You forgot to put an alarm on a patient. It was your fault he fell and was injured.

You haven't "always" treated patients properly. The patient wasn't intentionally trying to "disturb" you because he was suffering from "D." You were "joking" at his expense. Good for him for turning an insensitive jerk in.

And what does this have to do with legal ethics and lawyer malpractice?
thanks for the help

Last edited:

Betty

Agree that you need to list both former employers on any employment application. Yes, it's certainly possible for them to find out if you leave an employer off. Always tell the truth - you are more likely to get the job than if you lie.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">