• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help with out of state case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thrax92

Hello, my question is:
If I was involved in a car accident in the state of Nevada but am a resident of Florida and was tricked into a settlement by my lawyer because I was on heavy medication at the time, can I either reopen my accident case or sue my previous lawyer for malpractice for taking advantage of my condition? Also because of this I have been unable to work since the accident for almost 3 years now, and have lost everything I have worked my whole life for. Including my home, which is in foreclosure now. I'm only 31 years old. I have been deeply traumatized and dependent on heavy medication that has left me in a haze since then. My personal life is non-existent and I have become withdrawn from family & friends. I suffer from severe migraines 4-6 times a week & have fallen into deep depressions due to all that I've endured. Please if you can help me can you refer me to the right law firm.

Proserpina

Hello, my question is:
If I was involved in a car accident in the state of Nevada but am a resident of Florida and was tricked into a settlement by my lawyer because I was on heavy medication at the time, can I either reopen my accident case or sue my previous lawyer for malpractice for taking advantage of my condition? Also because of this I have been unable to work since the accident for almost 3 years now, and have lost everything I have worked my whole life for. Including my home, which is in foreclosure now. I'm only 31 years old. I have been deeply traumatized and dependent on heavy medication that has left me in a haze since then. My personal life is non-existent and I have become withdrawn from family & friends. I suffer from severe migraines 4-6 times a week & have fallen into deep depressions due to all that I've endured. Please if you can help me can you refer me to the right law firm.

Why do you think you were tricked?

thrax92

I was not coherent or of sound mind at the time because of the heavy narcotic medications. I couldn't even sit up straight in a chair without someone holding me up. I could not have made any important decisions in that condition and the lawyer knew that.

Hot Topic

We're only getting your side of the story, which seems highly improbable. You were barely able to sit up without support, yet you chose an attorney to represent you and somehow got to his office.

You would need to hire an attorney to prove that you were tricked into signing the agreement, and I suspect that he or she might doubt that a doctor would medicate you to the point of being physically helpless and mentally deprived.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">