• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help in Tx

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ang13

What is the name of your state?Tx. If I am unhappy with my lawyer can I legally consult another lawyer to see if my lawyer is doing things properly, or do I have to fire my lawyer and hire someone else without knowing my rights?
I am not talking about giving another lawyer specifics...just the basics on how things are being handled?

JETX

ang13 said:
What is the name of your state?Tx. If I am unhappy with my lawyer can I legally consult another lawyer to see if my lawyer is doing things properly, or do I have to fire my lawyer and hire someone else without knowing my rights?
I am not talking about giving another lawyer specifics...just the basics on how things are being handled?
You can hire a second lawyer and tell him/her anything you want. Even specifics of your circumstances with the first attorney. The attorney-client privilege applies to the attorney telling, not the client.

ang13

?

I want to consult another lawyer, not hire another one unless they tell me the service I am getting is not adequate. Like can I ask another lawyer questions without it hurting my casse? What if the lawyer comes up in the process down the road that I consulted with against me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">