• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

here come the judge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

annataz04

:confused: What is the name of your state?ill. i am presently in ltigation with my exwife re: modifing spousal support at the time of our divorce i was unable to hire an attorney and not being one didnt do all i was supposed to pro sei and was defaulted in the case being ordered to pay support lifetime of 250.00 a week. i presently have a lawyer but nothing is getting done and the judge just wont budge on any of her past orders. is it possible for me to get or seek a new judge without proving discrimination as my present lawyer has stated i must do.

pammness

not an answer to ? but...

Virginia here..... I know that here as most states, if she remarries, you pay no more, I only say this because you said lifetime in your post. Also, here again in Va, it goes by income, so if for any reason you lose your job or have to take pay cut etc...... it can be adjusted, but you better have good reason, if they can show no reason, you willl still have to pay the 250.00 This is to keep people from quiting higher paying jobs just to get out of paying amount awarded by court.
Question for you.... If you have an attorney, Do you not trust his word ? If so, maybe you should not have him as your attorney.... just a thought<shrug>

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">