• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hired Lawyer That's Not Working For Me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

doggielover

What is the name of your state?IL I hired a lawyer in '04 and he stated he would get one of the motions thrown out. He didn't even try. He has never brought up any of the facts that would help us. He doesn't keep me informed as to what is going on. I have to call him. He tells me one thing one month, for example if you do this, then by the next court date they will drop the case. Well I have heard this same song & dance for over a yr. & he tells me something different each time. He hardly ever goes to court, he makes his deal over the phone with the other lawyer & I have to look online to see what is going on with my court case. I never get any copies of the motions each time the case is continued. Our contract states he is to keep me informed. He isn't even helping me, he just goes along with what the other side says. I don't have any money to hire another lawyer. He told me I would have to pay more money if I wanted to make this a fight. Our contract states he is to represent me for the duration of the case, no matter if it's easy for him or turns into a fight. What the hell did I pay $1,500 dollars for that I had to borrow (and I'm still paying off?) I could have just sat in court & let them walk all over me without dishing out that kind of money. Where do I go from here?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">