• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HomeGurupig

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

janeh399

What is the name of your state? PA

I hired an attorney to handle a ex-employer's Prommissory Note that he was attempting to collect on . This woman screwed everything up. She never contacted several witnesses whose names I had given her, she lost important paperwork and she gave me some very bad advise.

Initially I asked her to give me an estimate of costs on whether or not she thought I had a case BEFORE she started nickling and diming me.

The day before we were to meet at the courthouse for the hearing, I confronted her about all of her screw-ups. She actually told me that it would "probably be better if I mitigated the case myself and if I didn't have a lawyer, the judge would go "easy on me"!

Then she sent me a $2200 bill! I flipped.

I advised her that I was going to report her to the Bar Association for her incompetence unless she retracted the fees.

Then her law firm sent me a "Mutual Release" letter, stating that they would forgive my debt, provided I didn't report her to any authorities.

Do I have a case against her?

I ended up losing the case for $7,500 plus hours of time from my job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">