• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how do you replace federal public defender

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

baadkitty

Haven't heard from my attorney since sentencing (four weeks ago). I have issues that need to be resolved. She will not respond to emails or phone calls. How do I get another public defender or how do I do it myself?

Last edited:

quincy

Haven't heard from my attorney since sentencing (four weeks ago). I have issues that need to be resolved. She will not respond to emails or phone calls. How do I get another public defender or how do I do it myself?
You can request a change of attorneys through the court - but I am not sure that a change in attorneys is necessary based solely on what you have said here.

What issues need to be resolved?

baadkitty

You can request a change of attorneys through the court - but I am not sure that a change in attorneys is necessary based solely on what you have said here.

What issues need to be resolved?
What my issues are dont really matter, they need to be handled and the attorney isnt doing it so I need one that will or how to do it myself. My Attorney is on a public defender panel not part federal public defender office so I cant call them with my problem. Through the court is obvious, how "exactly" do I go about it.

jimnyc

What my issues are dont really matter, they need to be handled and the attorney isnt doing it so I need one that will or how to do it myself. My Attorney is on a public defender panel not part federal public defender office so I cant call them with my problem. Through the court is obvious, how "exactly" do I go about it.
How is someone supposed to help you to go about it "exactly" if you won't even tell them what the issue is? There are endless forms and endless ways to approach the court, all different based upon what you are trying to do.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
What your issues are matter enormously. We can't even tell you generally, let alone exactly, how you go about it unless we know what issues still remain to be handled. It's not as simple as you seem to imagine; nor is the procedure the same in all cases.

It's entirely up to you if you want to tell us what your issues are. If you don't want to tell us on a public internet, that's entirely your right. However, that's going to mean you'll REALLY have to do it all on your own since we won't have sufficient information to help you.

quincy

What is the name of your state, baadkitty?

So ... you think your issues don't really matter? Interesting that you should think that.

You say you have been sentenced. Your public defender saw you through to that point. Are you now on probation or supervised release? Are you currently incarcerated or are you expected to voluntarily surrender at a later date? How exactly you go about getting your "issues" resolved is dependent on facts not yet disclosed by you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">